Thursday, October 14, 2010

League of BOB Challenge #1: The Halloween Spirit

This really isn't a good topic for me, as I think I LACK Halloween Spirit...So I'll relate it to something I do have. Partying spirit.

I'm a big fan of throwing parties at my dinky basement apartment, and have always wanted to have a themed one. So far no luck though. The only theme we've had is "Rad and Lauren not Voming". We stuck to this. For the most part anyhow. Lauren did a good job of not voming. (I guess you can say ). But I think there were a few too many hip people for it to be totally rad. Like the hip jazz guitarist Zach in his hip cardigan who passed out on my living room floor (hip-ly).

ANYWAY, Halloween allows for a costume party. Which is a theme!

I am concerned about how many people will just hear "PARTY" and "Carmen's", and think "Hey that girl who always has PBR, doesn't require pitch, and cooks things despite her roommates protests!" and will ignore the fact whoever invited them said the word costume in there too.

So this ties into the lack of Halloween spirit--people letting alcoholic beverages get in the way of dressing up in nice outfits. Because come ON, you get to be someone else for a day, but I know this town and it's inhabitants (or at least the ones I associate with).

I'd like to say costumes are fun. Several of my friends and I have had a grand time piecing them together at thrift shops.And we're going to a pumpkin patch this weekend for sure.

As for decorations we have spiders and webs enough anyway.

I hope I'm not disappointed. Maybe I'm being too cynical. But I know one thing. Whoever comes not dressed up can have their PBR, but they cannot have our hot chocolate and Kahlua or alcoholic cider.

(Excuse the lame blog post...and have a good day! Get some spirit!)

No comments:

Post a Comment